Blogging can be difficult at times because there are going to be days that you are just not in the “Writing Mode”, Let’s face it, it happens to all of us. However; how do you handle it and what can do you do make sure that those times come few and far between? In this segment of Blogging Tips Part 7: Brainstorming for topics we are going to go over some easy and fun ways that you can come up with topics to write about. So, take a minute and get a pet and paper ready because I am sure you are going to be writing some of these ideas down.
1. Watch the News and Read the Newspaper: While reading a newspaper has become a thing of the past. It is always a good practice to come up with topics to write about. One of the reasons that you may want to consider doing this is to gain local readers. You would be surprised as to how many local people will start reading your work every day to see if there is something going on.
2. Social Media More and more Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and other social media platforms are becoming the new way that people find out about what is going on around the world. However: in the same aspect make sure that everything that you read on social media you research. You would be surprised as to how much of it is fake news.
3. Writing Political Blogs if you are like many Americans there are things politically that you cannot stand. Instead of being like those that stay quiet let your voice be heard. Make sure noise, let your voice be the one that everyone follows.if you are not happy with how Trump is running the White House and the world write a blog on "Why Donald Trump is the Worst President" There are so many people out there that are afraid, but if they know that someone feels the same way they will voice their thoughts as well. You will find that just from you standing your ground so many others will as well.
4. Music Listen to your music. Music tends to let your mind think clearer. And at times you will find that one little lyric from a song will help you write blog after blog.
5. Step Away From Reality Now this may sound a little silly but it is not. There are times that you will find that even just reading a chapter from a book is going to help you it even may inspire you to take a stab at writing your own book or go for a walk. One of the biggest things writers tend to do is taking a walk to the park and sit on a bench. Not really listening to people but talking a moment for yourself. Watching the actions around you. You may find that someone’s actions at the park make cause you to write a funny blog. So, take a minute and see which method is the best for you.