Saturday, April 15, 2017

Restaurant Review; Chen Garden Crossroads Mall, 217 S 25th St, Fort Dodge, IA 50501




First I want to make it very clear that, anyone that knows me; knows that I will tell it like it is. I am not one out to get anyone in trouble. However; there tends to be times that people do get in trouble for me telling people how things really are when I go places. I just want to make sure that people do not have the same experience that I do in places and that is why I do the reviews for people.

Setup and Cleanliness of the Establishment
When I first walked in to the Chen Garden mind you I have been coming here for 3 years or so. But this last time I came in the same person that always walks everyone to their table just continued to do what she was doing as if I were not even there. Mind you I had my 2-year-old with me. You could not miss me or her. As I continued to wait for her, I finally cleared my throat and she finally grabbed our silverware for the 5 of us (3 adults 2 kids). As we came to our table you could tell the floor had not been cleaned in the back.
As I took my daughter to the bathroom, I was so grossed out. The trash was over flowing. There was toilet paper on the floor in the handicapped bathroom. There was looked like pee on the floor and the toilet seat was broke. Taking my daughter into the other bathroom stall it did not make me feel any better.
Sadly, when my soon to be father-in-law went into the men’s bathroom he said that the conditions in there were just as bad in fact he thought that they may be worse in some aspect’s

Food Prep From the Hibachi Grill and Desert Bar
You would like to think that since you have a lot of people that are always coming up to your areas where foods is cooked and prepped that you want it to be clean and free of other issues right? Well While my fiancé and I were getting our food he thought that he would get his shrimp dish that he usually does that they cook on the Hibachi in front of you well he grabbed his plate when the cook was done and took it to the table.
As he was getting ready to take a bite of his food he finds a dead fly mixed in the sea food. That of course grosses all of us out and he sets his food aside. To get a manager to show them what we found. Then the waitress wanted to argue with us in process saying that it did not come from the Hibachi grill
Now keeping in mind that I had not eaten yet because I had been taking care of the 2 girls. I figured I would finish trying to get them something to finish off with a desert. I went to grab what is considered a strawberry cheese cake cup desert for the girls only to find that there was another type of bug in the deserts. It was then that I told my fiancé that I was going to be making a few calls to make sure that the restaurant was safe for people to be eating in . PLEASE IF YOU LIVE IN THE FORT DODGE IOWA AREA AND EAT HERE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERYTHING!!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, as I used to live in Ft. Dodge. I still have friend's who live there and go up to see them now and then. I love Chinese food and I'm grateful you put this up! I now know where NOT TO EAT! !!! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very welcome . I do not think no one has to go through what I had to ... it was truly a horrible experience

    ReplyDelete